Come On In!
- The studio is walk-in basis, no reservations are necessary! Just come in during open hours.
- Reservations or call ahead are recommended for groups of 6+ painters
- Flexible hours are available for groups of 10+ painters. Meaning, we can open early or stay open later for large groups (reservations are required for extended hours)
Choose Your Pieces
- We have a wide variety of pottery to choose from.
- From piggy banks, figurines, and tiles, to vases, platters, mugs, bowls, ornaments, door knobs, and switch plates, (& more!)
- When glazed & fired, pieces are food-safe, dishwasher-safe, & microwavable.
- We do inclusive pricing – the total on the tag of the piece you choose is the total; there is no extra cost for studio time, so you can stay as long as you want, and you can come back if you don’t finish in one session!
- Prices range anywhere from $12 to $150 depending on the piece.
Pick Your Colors & Get Creative
- Choose your paint colors from the Color Center.
- You can use as many colors as you’d like!
- Bring the bottles to your table.
- Take time to plan your design.
- Visit our Idea Center where there are plenty of idea books, stencils, stamps, and sponges to use.
- You may lightly pencil on your design first as all pencils will burn away in the kiln.
- Pour your paint onto the plastic plates at the table & add more as you need it – a little goes a long way!
Clean Up When You Finish Working
- When you are finished working on your project, we ask that you please put the paint bottled back on the shelves, rinse your brushes and materials, and wash your plastic paint plates in the sink (we reuse them!)
- Leave painted pieces on your table.
- If you do not finish your piece, we can keep it for a short period of time. Shelf space is limited. Please write down your paint colors, so you can pick up where you left off when you return to finish your piece.
Wrap Up Your Visit
- It takes one week to get the finished pieces back. One week from the day you finished painting, your piece will be ready for pickup.
- Payment is due at the time of painting.
- We can ship! Paint while you’re in town, and you’ll receive your finished pieces via USPS within a few weeks. (Additional fee)
Please reach out if you have any questions or need help. We are here to assist you in any way. The pottery you create today will be treasured for a lifetime!
We Ship Anywhere
If you come to Handz On Art from out of town and need your art shipped to you, that is no problem. We can ship you all of your pieces when they are done being fired in our kilns. You’ll receive your pieces within a few weeks of painting.
There is simply a ~$25.00 flat fee, per house for shipping and packaging.